Hey, ! Welcome to part 4 of our program design lessons: Selecting Exercises, Appropriate Variety, Auditing with the FMS, … this one is actually a live-recorded call from a previous round of the Faction, so no, you didn’t miss a call!
Replay of the call for part 4: Selecting Exercises, Appropriate Variety, Auditing with the FMS, … and Open Q&A
Download the slides here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0680vwa9vfxjdim/WEEK%204%20SLIDES.pdf?dl=0
Part 4 Summary:
We went over why entertaining our clients with exercise selection is based on flawed logic
We went over how to select exercises for the different sections of our programming
We went over the goal, intent, skill down/up assessment
What’s the goal for selecting a particular exercise here?
What’s the intent with the exercise?
How’s the client’s skill?
Does their skill
allow them to express their intent
so they can accomplish the goal?
We went over how to keep our clients progressing while still using the basic exercises
We went over auditing our program with the FMS in mind
We went over common FMS correctives
We went over the 4 x 4 matrix
We went over individualizing cooldowns
We went over using questionnaires to stay on the same page and progress over the long term with our clients
Part 4 Action Steps:
Here’s the core blog I mentioned (old, but you’ll get the idea): http://www.bspnova.com/abs/
Get the e-book here: https://mailchi.mp/30cbc2b27610/you-cant-get-bored
End of block questionnaire (don’t fill out, please): http://www.bspnova.com/end-of-block-meeting-form/
Part 4 Bonus Materials:
- Writing Programs in MS Word video
- MS Word Program Template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/btesj6ta77hgmzl/Example%20Program%20Template%2C%20Workouts%20A%20B.docx?dl=0
- New Client Program Design Checklist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l4jwte295uvdgw/NEW%20CLIENT%20PROGRAM%20DESIGN%20CHECKLIST.pdf?dl=0
- Regular Program Design Checklist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ndosdv8zt7l3rj/REGULAR%20PROGRAM%20DESIGN%20CHECKLIST.pdf?dl=0
- New Block Program Design Checklist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xs96ye4t1rx3e6/NEW%20BLOCK%20PROGRAM%20DESIGN%20CHECKLIST.pdf?dl=0
- Core Training Blog to dig into progression/regression more (old, but good for making the point of thought process): http://www.bspnova.com/abs/