Kicking Ass Throughout the Faction
Maybe you’ve felt like we have in the past: There are not enough hours in the day to get it all done. You’ve got people to train, books to read, courses to attend, programs to write, online resources you pay for and can’t remember to check in on, as well as all of life’s regular to-do’s…
You find yourself lying awake at night, running off your to-do list, fearful you’ll forget something. Or even worse, you can’t figure out what you need to do in the first place. You carry that stress right into the morning, causing you to lack the pinpoint focus you need to zero in and hit the ground running. This stress, and it’s best friend, lack of focus, follow you throughout the day. You accomplish things, sure, but your efforts are strewn about the multitude of things that demand your attention each day.
Been there? We all have.
This is a big reason why Strength Faction exists. We were managing our businesses, living out our lives, and feeling overwhelmed by it all. We’ve figured some shit out over the last 10+ years, and we don’t want to see you all struggle like we have…
Strength Faction is a time for you develop your own systems, with our help. If you follow along, participate, and apply the information you’ll be presented over the next four months, you’ll be leaps and bounds ahead of where we started, regardless of where you currently are in the coaching/business owner/life process.
It’s time to wash away the stress.
In today’s lesson we are going to show you how to get the most out of your time in Strength Faction. But, these things could easily be applied to anything you want to dominate in your life…
Let’s get to it.
The Brain Dump
Everything we are about to say will continually come back to this, so pay attention! 🙂
Every Sunday, within the last few hours before bed, do a brain dump for the week ahead.
Simply sit down, with pen and paper (there’s a specific sheet for this in your Keep Your Shit Together Journal), and get all of your ideas out of your head and on to that paper.
- Strength Faction!
- Work projects
- Business ideas
- Weekend plans
- Doctors appointments
- Things that are bothering you
- New goals
- Shows to catch
- Date night
- Kid’s games
Nothing is too small. Get it all on paper.
Looking at the things you’ve written down during the brain dump, make categories. Family. Work. Personal. Leisure. Only make/use ones that make sense for you.
Next, take all of the individual things that you wrote down during your brain dump and organize them into the categories that you have created. If that means printing multiple KYST Brain Dump sheets, do it!
Once that’s done, prioritize these categories in order of importance. It’s up to you if work, family, or something entirely different comes first. It might sound crazy to put work before family, but if crossing off your work items early in the day and week provides for better family time, that’s your priority.
Further prioritize your individual items for each category using a simple grid:
Once done, you’ll have those nagging thoughts that keep you awake at night written down, categorized, and prioritized.
Plan the Week
The Keep Your Shit Together Journal was made to help you dominate your goals. But there are a lot of awesome planners out there. So, maybe you’re asking, “do I have to use this one?” Nope. We’re just trying to offer up an awesome option that doesn’t require you to run out and buy a thing!
Dominate the week (with ANY planner)
- Schedule in things that you can’t change first. Meetings, family commitments, appointments, etc…
- Look at your openings and front load your most important items from your brain dump, in the order you see fit. We really recommend putting Strength Faction lessons in here… Don’t forget, you already organized and prioritized this stuff. This should be quick.
- Front load = morning. Not a morning person? Give it a shot. It’s the one time of day where the world’s distractions haven’t taken over yet, and crossing off big items to start the day sets the tone for the rest of the day. If you knock out the Strength Faction work every morning, you’ll be set!
- Since you put your big rocks in first, you can now find openings to cross off some of the other items from your brain dump. You’ll be able to clearly see where your openings are that you can take care of those items, as well as the inevitable things (represented by the pebbles, sand, and water in the above graphic) that will come up throughout the week. Write those things down in the column on the far left, and knock them out, as you see fit, with the gaps you have throughout the week.
- Delegate the things that you can. There’s only so much room in your bucket, and sometimes other people are better suited to take some of the things off your list.
- Simply revisit your planner each night of the week within the last few hours before bed. Do another brain dump, and make updates to the following day(s) as needed.
- Freedom! I know, I know- it sounds crazy, but all of this structure truly provides freedom.
The people that have gotten the most out of Strength Faction all have one thing in common:
They participated regularly.
1. Join all of the Coaching Calls you possibly can
- These will be posted as “events” through the Facebook group, and they’re held every Wednesday at 2pm EST
- Some weeks we will have special guests, and others we will have a topic to cover before opening the floor to general questions and conversation
- Get on these!!
2. Complete the weekly success checklist
- They’re on the dashboard, and we recommend knocking them out on Saturday or Sunday, every week.
3. Regularly connect with your mentor
- Don’t worry, they’ll be reaching out to you directly to get the ball rolling
- Keep that ball rolling by answering them when they reach out (seriously, those that consistently communicate with their mentors tend to have some seriously awesome results)
- Your Spring 2021 mentors is:
- Wes “show-dub” Showalter
4. Check in with your accountability buddy as often as the two of you see fit
- If you decide to do this, you’ll be paired up soon, and this is one of the coolest aspects of the Faction!
5. Use the coaching calls
- This is your opportunity to schedule one-on-one chats with your mentor, or—if you’re a returning member—Mike, Chris, or Todd
- Click the “Request Coaching Meeting” block on the dashboard and follow the directions to get those puppies scheduled
6. Post questions, videos, and interact as much as possible on the Facebook group
- If you have questions on the lessons, try and post them as a “comment” on the thread about that particular lesson in the Facebook Group
- Want an eye on form- whether yours, or a clients- film it and post it to the Group.
- We’re all coaches- so give your two cents. Don’t be afraid to be “wrong.” It’s all a learning process, and no one in this group will be a dick.
Listen, we’ll reach out to you regularly, but at the end of the day you need to take ownership and let us know what you need. The above recommendations are where it’s at.
Do not pass over this stuff! Return to the brain dump and schedule in what you can. Look for openings to do the rest!
Fit in the workouts where you can
One of the first things to go, as we get busy, is our own workouts. We get it- not everyone has 6 hours a week to work out. And while we’d love for you to make that time, you’re a coach with clients to see, programs to write, videos to shoot, blogs to keep up with, and everything else going on in your busy ass life.
Ready for it?
Do what you can.
Just because it’s on paper DOES NOT mean it’s the end-all-be-all. Have 20 minutes between sessions? Break the workout up. Only have three days? Let’s prioritize what is most important to YOU for those three days.
To truly get the most out of this training program, if you find yourself in this situation, get with any one of the coaches or mentors early on and let’s modify this SOB to fit YOUR schedule…
Return to the brain dump and schedule in what you can. Look for openings to do the rest!
Like we talk about in “Feeding the Piggy Bank,” consistency with the little things will take you further than you can ever imagine. Try not to let work pile up and cram it all in over the weekend. Schedule this shit in, do it, and repeat.
That’s how you kick ass
Let us know how we can be of service to you throughout.